Thursday, March 10, 2011

One of the hardest decisions I have had to make


Wednesday night I had to put my sweetheart (Sammie) down. She was 15 years old! She had a long full life. She was there for half of mine. She moved to every apartment and house with me. She lived with colitis, congestive heart failure, and seizures later in life. I lost her for 3 days one time and ended up finding her. Even though she is probably the most high maintenance dog I have ever had, I miss her so much. She is truly irreplaceable. I love having dogs, but when they get old it is so hard to watch. Sammie is the black dog in the picture. She will always be remembered.

2 comments:

  1. We love you so much little Nut Brown Hair. You were high maintenance, but so worth it. We miss you. (Thanks for making me cry...again, Missy!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I brought Sammie into our lives, but she bonded with Belle and you, Missy - and then became yours. She was SO very attached to you and always wanted to be with you. You took such good care of her and even though she always had to have lots of medical attention, she had your love and attention, which enabled her to live a long and happy life. Your blog makes me cry thinking about Sammie, but I know she's in a better place - doggie heaven. (I believe there is a special place for animals.) I love her a lot and love the way you cared for her.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete