Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Exclusively pumping sucks!

I am trying to decide when to stop pumping. It has only been 10 weeks, but I am really starting to get discouraged. Pros and Cons of pumping:

Pros: 1. Healthier choice for the babies and better for their reflux

Ok on to cons:
1. 20 minutes every 3 hours is a lot!
2. I have to take the thing with me everywhere I go
3. Cleaning all the stupid parts
4. Falling asleep during 3am pumps in the dark and spilling milk everywhere. GROSS!
5. Keeping babies busy for 20 min while I pump
6. It just sucks!

I hope to make it 3 or 4 months and then use the milk I have stored. It should take me to 6 or 7 months. Hmmmm....

6 comments:

  1. Think about this - pretty soon they won't need to eat so often AND pretty soon you can start adding solids to their diet. So it's going to get better. You can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to say - you're doing an amazing job pumping. You are a very dedicated Mom. Go Missy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Then do it! Encouragement!
    Sorry- Couples Retreat

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! SO happy you decided to create a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa, I am so happy that I now have a new blog to stalk! I just want to say that I never, not even once, breast fed my baby girl & she has turned out alright so far. ;)

    ReplyDelete